The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with good business processes for managing escrow trial balances and dormant funds, including reporting unclaimed funds to the State of Texas.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
- Have a general understanding of Minimum Escrow Accounting Standards regarding trial balances.
- Understand that closing and accounting personnel share responsibility for properly handling dormant escrow funds.
- Be aware that the regular review of trial balance reports by closing staff can identify errors and prevent dormant escrows.
- Have an understanding of “unclaimed property” in Texas.
- Be aware of the fact that the holder of unclaimed property has the responsibility of reporting the property to the State when it has been abandoned for a specified period of time.
Scott Florez, Land Title Consulting LLC
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 7/25/21) Review TLTA's new reporting procedures for escrow officer CE credit
For those new to the topic and/or the title industry. May include basic concepts, definitions, industry history and/or general information.
For more information on TLTA’s webinar grading information, click here.
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.