The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with the laws, rules and regulations in regard to acknowledgments, an understanding of the difference between jurats and acknowledgments.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
- Have a general understanding of acknowledgments.
- Understand that who may give and take acknowledgments.
- Be aware that certain persons are disqualified from taking acknowledgments.
- Have an understanding of samples of acknowledgments for various situations.
- Be aware of the fact that acknowledgment of documents in a foreign country is difficult and rules must be followed.
- Clearly understand the importance of jurats.
- Have a better understanding of the best practice for acknowledging for someone who doesn’t speak english.
- Be aware of what is required to acknowledge a signature for a blind person or someone making a mark.
- Have an understanding when a notary signs at the request of the signer.
Frances Hughes, CTIP, Assistant Vice President, Underwriting Support, Alliant National Title Insurance Company
Wendy Bryan, Vice President, Texan Title Insurance Company
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 12/10/22)
For those new to the topic and/or the title industry. May include basic concepts, definitions, industry history and/or general information.
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.