Industry Hot Topics 2022: Tips and Guidance on Current Questions Escrow Pros Are Asking
In this intermediate webinar, attendees will learn helpful hints and receive guidance on hot topics currently affecting the title industry, including the following:
- How to handle lender requests for loans involving additional collateral. The rate rules to know and how homestead can affect the transaction. We’ll discuss refinances and purchase transactions.
- When to issue a T-1 Owner Policy vs. issuing a T-1R.
- Review of the procedural rule associated with the definition of “residential real property” and the issuance of the Owner Policy.
- What you need to know about handling new construction when there are overruns, overages and upgrades. How homestead can affect this issue.
- How to balance the Buyer CD when the lender improperly discloses title company fees and premiums.
- Who is responsible for preparing the Seller CD.
- Who is responsible for delivery of CDs to real estate agents.
- Proper disclosures on the promulgated Texas Disclosure (T-64), and the procedural rule associated with this form.
- Properly completing notary acknowledgements and acceptable forms of identification for all parties.
Frances Hughes, CTIP, Providence Title
Melissa L. Trubatisky, Alliant National Title Insurance Company
1.0 Escrow Credit
An Intermediate webinar is for those with some experience on the topic and the title industry. The webinar may include real-world application and specific and detailed information.
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or email: email@example.com for assistance.