The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with the divorce process in Texas, how title is affected by divorce, how liens are created and resolved surrounding divorce decrees, and what information to obtain in order to insure a transaction. Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
1. Have a general understanding of the divorce process in Texas, from initial filing to final decree.
2. Understand how title to a property is affected by a divorce decree, whether complete or incomplete.
3. Understand how the Owelty process works in regards to divorce.
4. Understand how liens are created, attached to property and released from properties in regards to divorces.
5. Know how to obtain the information necessary to issue a title policy without exception to divorce items
6. Be better prepared to deal with the unique challenges divorces create in Texas with regards to real property.
Brad Honn, CESP, CTIP, Homeward
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 10/2/23) Review TLTA's new reporting procedures for escrow officer CE credit
For those with some experience on the topic and/or the title industry. May include real-world application and/or specific and detailed information
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster.If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the'Add a new contact'button.Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.