The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with estate and probate issues relating to conveyances.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
- Have a general understanding of the probate process and how title to land passes on the death of the owner.
- Understand that intestate succession is different depending on when the owner died and whether the land was community property or the separate estate of the decedent.
- Be aware of reasons why full information must be gathered for an intestate decedent to determine his/her heirs at law.
- Have an understanding of the purpose of an Affidavit of Heirship and the minimum acceptable elements.
- Clearly understand testate succession – through probate of a will.
- Be aware of different types of personal representatives and the powers of each
- Have an understanding of Administration of estates when there is no will.
- Be aware of the process of probating a will as a Muniment of Title.
- Be aware of some general issues and concerns to the title insurer when dealing with estate property.
Presenters: Frances Hughes, CTIP, Assistant Vice President, Underwriting Support, Alliant National Title Insurance Company
NolaAnn Waggoner, Vice President/Underwriting Counsel, First National Title Insurance Company
1.0 Escrow Credit (expires 5/12/22)
For those with some experience on the topic and/or the title industry. May include real-world application and/or specific and detailed information
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.