The goal of this course is to familiarize title insurance professionals with understanding and preparing a commitment.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
- Have a general understanding of the purpose of the commitment.
- Have an understanding of the basic regulations in regard to commitments.
- Clearly understand the process of underwriting – as it relates to production of commitments.
- Be aware of the differences in describing title matters – depending on whether they will be exceptions to coverage, requirements or internal notes.
- Have a better understanding of what does and what does not belong on a commitment for title insurance.
- Be aware of what is needed before a commitment may be produced.
- Have an understanding of the importance of delivering commitments to customers.
Frances Hughes, CTIP, Assistant Vice President, Underwriting Support, Alliant National Title Insurance Company
Belinda F. Teague SVP/ Title Production Manager for Benchmark Title Company
1.0 Escrow Credit
For those new to the topic and/or the title industry. May include basic concepts, definitions, industry history and/or general information.
For more information on TLTA's rating system, please click here
Webinars exclusively sponsored by:
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: email@example.com for assistance.