This course familiarizes title insurance professionals with the
importance of obtaining releases of enforceable outstanding liens, and
alternatively, what other options may be available when a release is not
obtainable to ensure compliance with Procedural Rule P-11.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should:
- Have a general understanding of the importance of obtaining satisfactory release of outstanding liens.
- Understand different types of liens (e.g. voluntary vs. involuntary).
- Understand the distinction between exempt vs. non-exempt property and the effect on liens attaching to property.
- Understand the difference between liens attaching to property vs. clouding title to property.
- Have working knowledge of Procedural Rule P-11, the importance of complying with the rule, and when a release may not be necessary for compliance.
- Understand the role of the statute of limitations in enforcement of liens and when a release may not be necessary.
- Have a general understanding of the Release of Record of Lien on Homestead Property (Texas Property Code §52.0012), when it is or is not available, and the importance of strictly following the statutory requirements.
- Understand the parameters and availability of the Texas Master Indemnity Agreement between certain underwriters.
- Understand when a specific indemnity may be required.
- Have a general understanding of other limited options when a release may otherwise be unavailable.
Presenter: Fred Schraub, CTIP, Vice President and Underwriting Counsel, Alliant National
1.0 hour Escrow Credit (expires 3/9/2018)
Member Pricing: $35 Non-member Pricing: $49
Note: TLTA recommends taking the Please Release Me Part 2 Webinar for more learning!
** PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO REGISTER **
The 'Register Someone Else' button (below) should ONLY be used to register another person from YOUR company. After clicking this button, type in the last name of the person in the box provided on the next screen to see if they are currently on your company roster. If the person's name is not listed, please DO NOT click the 'Add a new contact' button. Instead, please call 512.879.2890 or 512.879.2882, or email: email@example.com for assistance.